Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 76: Everyday is an Adventure

So, today I went down to Diamond Lakes Park to walk and enjoy the wonderful weather. It was really nice. But you know me. It had to be an adventure. So, I have a story... wanna here it... here it goes...

So I start out with all of my gear: water, towel, phone, camcorder, MP3 player... I have it all. And I had it inside my little lunch bag. I start out walking the entire first 1.2 miles. But on the second go round I decided to walk/jog. Well, 3/4 of the way I realize, I had dropped my phone. So, I back track. On the way back I run into Mitchell. She'd seen my post and come out walking with her daughter. (AWESOME!) However, I must find my phone before I can get with them. I keep walking around and I run into one of my students walking with her mother and sisters. (COOL!) I tell them that I'm looking for my phone and if they see it, it's mine. Well, I don't get that much farther when my student comes running through the trees shouting, "I found your phone!" Instant relief hit me. So I chatted with my student and her family a little longer and then went to finish the track with Mitchell. So, I know that I went 2.4 miles... but I don't know how much more with the back tracking. No matter. It was a great workout with even better company. The track is long with trees and small hills, which I like. You can take a look at it in the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment