Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 33: P6

So for the past few days I have needed a little... actually... alot of P6. What's P6? Well, I'm glad you asked. P6 is my new name for an old saying, "Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance." Since Thursday, I've been lacking the Prior, the Planning, and the Performance. Therefore, the result is just Piss Poor. So, let's take it from the top. I had a paper and an observation both due on Friday. So, the gym on Thursday night was replace with a later night cram session (let's not talk about the fact that I had 2 weeks to get this done). Then, because I stayed up so late on Thursday, I slept in on Friday. That led me to not only miss the gym, but I also failed to pack lunch for the day. Add to that tutoring after school and class directly after that and you have zero gym time on Friday. Still I did manage to eat fairly well to that point. Now comes today. I miss zumba, cause I'm in the middle of making a carrot souffle (at 9:30am???). Then I was set to take the kids to a bday party and the movies. And... because I didn't plan for hunger while I was out... I had some serious movie theater popcorn.
So, the moral of this story is that (Again) you must plan ahead. But not only for what you will eat, or when you will exercise. Plan to complete tasks in your life in such a manner that you do not add stress to your mind or your body. They say that procrastination is the stealer of time. I'm a believer... It stole 3 workouts and a lunch. I have plenty more homework assignments to go. I was working on one tonight as a matter of fact. But I now realize the importance of carving out real scheduled time in my week to take care of all things school related. That way I don't look up and see the deadline before me with nothing accomplished. Less stress... more life.

No comments:

Post a Comment