Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 20: Destinations

Lewis Carroll once said, “If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.”

It's a truly profound statement when you think about it.
Have you ever gotten in your car and just wanted to go somewhere, but you didn't know where? I have. And on the drive I took various turns, I back tracked. I ended up driving endlessly at times and in the end I headed back home. On the worst occasions I ended up lost and just had to drive west because I knew I would hit a main road. Still, other times I stumbled upon something interesting and worthwhile.
That's life without goals. Sometimes you end up in a rut, back tracking the things you've already done. Other times you continue following a path that is uneventful and at times harmful to your physical, mental, and spiritual wellbeing, only to end up back where you started. There are phases where you are lost in your own skin and don't know what to do. It's only the rare occusions when you just happen to fall into good fortune as it seems that "fate" has smiled upon you.
Goal setting is all about determinig where you want to end up. Today I sat down and created my Goals list for 2011. Just click the tab at the top of my page labeled goals to take a look at where I'm headed.

2 comments:

  1. I am really going to have to do this soon. I have these huge end-of-the-road goals but nothing to check off accomplishments along the way. So it seems like I'm not getting anything done. And that can be very disheartening and DE-motivating.

    Any way, fit into my True Religion jeans this morning quite easily. YAY ME!!! Dont know how much I weigh, but things are going good. I will be "shaken up" again tomorrow.

    Keep up the good work because you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go big sis? I have never seen a pair of True Religion jeans... but I'm sure you make them look good. :)
    I'll have to try on my pair of "skinny" jeans. I haven't worn them in almost 6 years. They are not my final stop jeans. But they are a milestone. I'll have to post a picture. They are unique.

    ReplyDelete