Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day Two: Occupy Your Mind

So, I was back in the gym this morning at 5:30 am. My visit at the Y contisted of watching the news while working out on this elliptical type trainer for 40 minutes. I think I've found the best way to stay current. At that time of the morning there's really not much else on TV and it really does help time fly. That's one of the keys to working out for me. I have to find something that occupies my mind while I'm getting fit. Be it talking to a friend, listening to tunes on my MP3 player, or watching TV (The Biggest Loser is the best for motivation during a workout); taking the focus off of the task makes time fly by. And depending on the movie or music, it may motivate you to workout even harder. So, to those of you who are bored by your workout, add your favorite tunes or tube... you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment