Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day Three: Strength Training

This morning decided to so some strength training before my workout. All of the research that I've read in Shape magazine and on places like WebMD talks about the importance of strength training coupled with cardio. With greater muscle mass you burn more calories during your workout and anything I can do to burn more calories sounds like a plan to me. Ideally you should lift weights 3-4 times a week with day between strength training dates. You should also alternate between legs and arms, working your core muscle with each workout. Today I did arms. Bicep curls, tricep press, rows, pull downs, and chest press were all done today. And when I finished I managed to get in 20 minutes of cardio. So, tomorrow is simply cardio. On Friday, I'll do some strength training for my legs.
If you are into strength training, tell me all about it and give me some pointers. If you are not into weight training, tell me why and maybe we can motivate each other. I more the merry.

No comments:

Post a Comment