Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 43: It's a family affair

So, this past weekend I celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary (explains why you haven't heard from me, right?). And as far as the anniversary goes, it was a pretty good one... But the festivities mostly revolved around dining out... several times. And by the end of the weekend, it showed-- on the scale. Sunday night Chris and I both stepped on the scale at 187 lbs. Granted we weighed at night, which is not the norm. Still, I weigh the same amount at my husband, on the dot!
So, I must be honest. I did indulge on things like ribs, creme brulee, and fried sweet potatoe fries over the course of the weekend. But I do it guilt free on special occasions because I've learned that deprivation only leads to binges... and that is a truly bad thing. Instead I eat whatever I like every once and a while and I do what it takes to negate it. That means exercise and healthy eating that balances out all of my spluges. So, I've been back to walking every morning. It's been pretty nice weather and I didn't realize how much I'd missed it.  Now, I'm trying to get Chris to go, too. He's said he will but we'll see. Still, even when I'm alone, it's safety first. I wear bright clothes, take my pepper spray, and walk in a good neighborhood with street lights. And if anyone wants to join me, it's at about 5:30 hit me up and I'll send you the route.

No comments:

Post a Comment