Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 44: Impersonating a Morning person.

So, this morning I woke up at around 5:30 and managed to get Chris to walk with me. It was about 47 degrees, but it was a very brisk walk so I managed to stay warm. Walking with the husband made me realize that I had really been taking it easy on myself. We'll see if he joins me again tomorrow, but even if he doesn't I'll push myself a little harder and move a little faster knowing that I've done better with a little extra motivation. But...
On to the realization that I came to as I soaked anyway the negative energy... I am NOT a morning person, but I do a pretty good impersonation. :)
I do not pop up like a daisy, bright eyed and bushy tailed smiling at the world. I do not sing songs of joy as I pull on my tennis shoes. No. Waking up at 5:00 or 5:30 is not easy for me. I hit snooze often... I get up and lay back down... I fumble around to find my gear, cause I never prepare it ahead of time. I've never liked waking up early. Not in school, the army, or in everyday life. I love the night time. HOWEVER...
I love the fact that when I wake up in the morning I still have the whole day ahead of me. I have more energy. I'm more alert. I don't have to worry about fitting in a workout or childcare. And working out in the morning gives me a little more will power, because I don't want to undo the hard work of the day. So, while I am absolutely not a Morning person. I will "fake it, til I make it."

No comments:

Post a Comment