Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 55: Fitness at any Cost

So, I wasn't able to join the boot camp class, but it may have been a blessing in disguise. You see, boot camp starts at 5am. And its still cold outside some mornings. That means I'd have to wake up at around 4:30 to get there on time. Hum... It's possible. I did it before (when I was in the Army), but I had to. Now I have choices, 3 kids, and a career as a teacher (long hours). So, I have decided that doing boot camp when it's warm, and a little easier for me to climb out of the comforts of my own bed, is not such a bad idea. Still, not working out is not an option. Soooo... I bought an elliptical machine yesterday. We drove to North Augusta to get it because all of the other Walmarts were sold out of it. We picked it at about 9pm and I spent the night putting it together. My blood, sweat, and tears went into that thing. But it was well worth it. Here's the after picture ( I should have taken a before shot. Nothing but parts.)
The Gold's Gym
Stride Trainer 380

My plan is to use it on those cold mornings when I can't get out the door and in the evenings while I watch TV. I was doing the same kind of thing in the late summer/early fall on my Tony Little Gazelle, but it fell apart one day (RIP). I've missed it ever since, but tried to do without it. Now I've upgraded. This model actually has resistance, which the gazelle did not. And it offers a variety of workout programs. So, I will let you know how it goes with this new addition to the family. Wish me loss. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment