Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 45: Fruits and Veggies

This week I've been trying something new. Since I splurged so much over the weekend, I figured I'd go vegetarian (for the most part). For both breakfast and lunch I've had zero meat. At dinner, on a couple of nights I've had chicken or shrimp... but other than that it's been veggies, fruits, and complex carbs. At first I was very low carb, but found that I was getting hungry faster. The complex carbs really do the trick for staying fuller longer. Still on thing that I'm not doing is limited the amount of fruits and veggie (mostly fruit) that I eat. I probably eat 6 pieces of whole fruit a day (bananas, apples, grapes, and oranges). The great thing is that I crave less processed sweets. I am taking a multiviatim, a flaxseed gel cap, and a calcium suppliment. I don't ever plan on being a full fledge vegetarian, but it's nice to give my body what it was made to live off of. I believe it's called the caveman diet. You have to think about it. If your car is meant to run on premium, it will run differently on anything else. Same thing goes for your body. I feel great. Try it yourself. Tell me what you think. I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment