Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 119: Learning me

Okay, So... I haven't been as discipline as I'd like to be lately. But it doesn't mean I'm not learning. I've think I've discovered every possible trigger known to man. Here are a few:

1.)  PMS- I don't need cramps or bloating to tell me when that time is approaching. I just need to stop and think... Have I tried to eat olives, ice cream, and wine? Am I in the mood for chicken, pork, beef, fish... and huh, I wonder what would happen if I mashed them all together baked, fried, smothered and covered them. Yeah,... it's that time.

2.) Finances (or lack there of)- Oh, yeah... when funds get low. The calories get high. See, a couple of things take place. Thing one- though healthy eating is less expensive when you take into account medical bills and dieting costs. However, when funds get low it gets harder to look at the long term saving as opposed the the short time low costs of canned and prepackaged foods. Thing two- being low on funds is... depressing... and what do most people do when they are depressed? They eat comfort foods.

3) Stress- Okay, um... with high stakes tests and high strung kids, I could say I have a little stress in my life. I a recently found myself in a nail-bitting moment eating everything but the kitchen sink.

4) Busy schedule- Last week more than any, I recall having long 5-6 hour stretches between meals and on those days I'd never get full once I started eating. Talk about starvation mode.

So, that's not all, but it's definately enough. So, I have to do a better job of eating on time stress free on a budget even when my "friend" is in town. I'll definately let you know how that goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment