Monday, June 13, 2011

Recovery

I titled this post Recovery because I have come to the conclusion that up until yesterday, I had Relapsed. And the clear sign of my relapse was getting on the scale and seeing 189... 189... are you serious? That was 10 lbs up from my lowest. NO WAY! Uh, yes way. And so... I was brought to the crushing reality that, YES, I had relapsed. I'd slipped back into the habits that put me on this journey to begin with. So, now... as of Sunday afternoon, I'm back on track... again. My exercise, my eatting, and my mindset. It's not easy... especially with the class I'm in. Everyday 2 or 3 people are responsible for bringing in snacks and everyday the snacks are a 1 or a 2 on the healthy scale of 0-10. So, today, I brought my own snacks. I only have 2 days left of this class and I could waited to get back on track, but why... so I could be 13 lbs heavier. I think not... Already the scale is changing for the better. It now shows 186.6... Water weight sure... but it's still weight. And... what am I doing exactly... Here's a list:

  1. The elimination diet... Fruits, veggies (low carb), fish, poultry.
  2. Lots more water
  3. Diet drinks (cola and green tea)
  4. Almond milk
  5. Exercise 20-30 minutes everyday of something you enjoy and mix it up.
  6. Relaxation and meditation
  7. Gauge your hunger (Ask yourself, "Am I really hungry?")
  8. Don't go long stretches without eating anything (2-3 hours max)
  9. Portion control. Less really is more... More healthy, that is. 
  10. And the one I'm not quite following right now... go to bed on time (but I just had to write this all down)
Well, folks... that's about it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment