Thursday, June 16, 2011

Keeping it Real

So, folks, here's what's been going on. I've been working the Elimination Diet since Monday. It's been going good. Usually it's fruit or a smoothie for breakfast. Lunch and dinner is all about fish or poultry with veggies. Snacks come before and after lunch and were usual fruit or triscuits. For the past 2 days I've had a mini dark chocolate bar with a banana for my sweet fix.

However...

Last night was... less than perfect. Shonda came over for a visit (which I truly enjoyed) and I stayed up super late... which lead to some late night snacking on cookies and milk. Still, I'm not going to beat myself up or look at this as a diet downfall. Because good eating is all about a lifestyle change, I will make allowances for indulges like Oreo cookies with milk. The key it to limit these indulges. My sister days that per Karen, her Beach Body Coach, she has one splurge meal a week. Now, I don't know the science of it all, but it's all about keeping up her body's fat busting potential.

And...

Today is back to normal. A smoothie for breakfast, apple for a snack, a salad with grilled fish for lunch, and a light veggie stir fry with grilled fish for dinner.

Oh, and working out has been going swimmingly. I've walked/jogged everyday this week. And that was while I was in class. Now, there's no class and I'll be on the go for the summer. So, I think next up, you'll be hearing about my eating on the go and on vacation. Wish me luck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment