Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Numbers Game

I'm learning so much these days about how numbers relate to weightloss. The number of calories eaten subtract the number of calories burned equal pounds gained or lost. BMI calculated by weight, body measurements, and height. Percentage of Water contained in the body shows more or less body fat content. Pants size. Waist size. So many numbers... Which one really matters?

Well, I'm learning that waist size is becoming my BFF. "Why?" you might ask. My answer is simple... Sometimes the numbers on the scale don't shift, but when my pants are looser on me, I know I'm doing something right. When my pants are a little snug, I know I need to change something. Now, notice I didn't select pants size as my ruler. That's because depending on where I go, I can wear anywhere from a size 10 to a size 16. Your waist size is your waist size generally, especially if the same person is measuring you each time. Even still, without a measuring tape you can notice changes in the size of your waist by how your favorite pants fit.

All of the other numbers are great for getting an idea of where you are and where you'd like to be. But for a daily reminder, go to the closest and put on some clothes. You'll feel your way to victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment